Monday, June 21, 2010

Desire to Serve God Continues

Jim Elliot had a rich heritage, he had the priviledge of growing up in a godly home with parents that obviously trained him and all of his siblings to have a heart to love the Lord and to serve him. It appears to me that Jim was a young man that had set his heart and affections for the Lord at a very young age. As I read this book I am just amazed that at such a young age he was so desiourous to know the Lord and to serve him with his whole life.

Jim seemed to always know that his main purpose in life was to bring the gospel to a people that had never heard the gospel before.

I was so impressed with his wisdom for such a young man. In his college years where he attended Wheaton College he often wrote home to his parents.

One such letter on Janurary 27 he shared how he had such a burden for the high school group of young people and how important it was to give guidance in what he called the reckless years.
This really spoke to my heart. He reminds us how when they were young the biggest problems was perhaps a broken window or an apple fight.

I will quote Jim " A year's patient, prayerful shepherding will bring most of that flock home with Little Bo Peep's lambs, dragging their tails behind them. " " It takes a while for revelry to turn to reverence, and much repetition of truth to eventually turn young zeal into habitual channels for good. Take care that well-doing does not become a weariness. It is after ye have done the will of
God
' that you have most need of patience." The last sentence really encouraged me.

One of my greatest desires is to see all of my children living for the Lord , loving him and following his will for their lives.

I look back on my life and see how God was always working in my life. I did not receive the Lord until I was 29 years old and I often wish that I had known the Lord at a younger age. I wonder what would my life be like now? Well there is no sense to think of the what ifs. God in his soverence knew when would be the best time in my life to reveal himself personally to me, how so very blessed I am!

God Bless, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave comments that are clean and kind only, and those befitting a Christian. Thanks!